The American Marketing Association is one of the largest marketing associations in the world, with over 30,000 members who work, teach and study in the field. For marketing academics the American Marketing Association, facilitates the exchange of knowledge through AMA journals and networking opportunities, providing global connections throughout the marketing community and fostering a culture of academic excellence through scholarly activities.
Explore the top reasons to join the AMA today!
The American Marketing Association publishes a variety of journals and magazines directed to academics and marketing professionals. Your membership includes a subscription to Marketing News and another publication (specialty magazine or journal) of your choice.
The AMA publishes four leading marketing journals: The Journal of Marketing, the Journal of Marketing Research, the Journal of International Marketing, and the Journal of Public Policy & Marketing.
Learn more about how AMA journals can keep you informed and provide you with publishing opportunities.
Academic Resources and Communities
As an AMA member, you’ll get unlimited access to our vast members-only resources on MarketingPower.com including:
- Academic Resource Center (ARC), the portal to all things academic, with key areas such as sample syllabi, course materials, text book recommendations, research information, call for papers and more.
- Marketing Resource Library, containing the latest research, white papers and best practices, plus an extensive archive.
- AMA Marketer’s Toolkit, full of interactive templates, tools, and resources to
help you in your job.
- Webcasts and podcasts, get access to over 100 on-demand webcasts and
podcasts on the latest marketing topics.
- Online Communities, including the AMAConnect Academic Group, the exclusive online marketing community and the electronic academic listserv, ELMAR.
- AMA e-Newsletters, featuring in-depth, members-only content on the latest developments in marketing.
Conferences and Training
With access to marketing practitioners, special interest group sessions, competitive papers and some of the brightest minds in the field, AMA conferences are not to be missed.
AMA members receive special discounts to all AMA in-person events including the Summer Marketing Educators’ Conference and the Winter Marketing Educators’ Conference, leading forums for research, intellectual exchange, and networking with academics from around the world.
Explore upcoming AMA events.
If you are a marketing academician seeking employment or looking to change positions, the AMA Academic Placement Service is the perfect place to begin your search. This is a unique job service (both online and in-person) helps you review and apply for vacancies, post your credentials online and participate in the academic job fair held every year at the Summer Marketing Educators’ Conference.
Academic Special Interest Groups
The Academic Special Interest Groups (SIGS) provide opportunities for learning, sharing, networking, and other professional interchange among academic and doctoral members. Membership includes one of 18 different SIGS (additional SIGS can be added for $20 each).
These are just a small sample of all the benefits AMA membership has to offer.
Explore all of the membership benefits today.
Professional Dues - $220 (plus $30 application fee) + local chapter dues.
Doctoral, Multi-Year, International & Group rates available - Learn More
Contact us! Call 800.AMA.1150 or email firstname.lastname@example.org