The roots of the American Marketing Association can be traced to the early 1900’s when the National Association of Teachers of Advertisers and American Marketing Society, comprised of marketers and marketing researchers, merged to bring together all marketers, across all specialties to collaborate and inspire one another.
Read more about the history of AMA below:
Over 5,000 marketers from all over the world attended AMA’s first virtual event, Cracking the Code for Business Marketers, featuring B2B social marketing strategies such as utilizing social media tactics for lead generations, leveraging social media as an engagement strategy, measuring ROI of a social media program.
AMA welcomed two new chapters--the 75th professional chapter Jacksonville and the 76th professional chapter Southwest Michigan.
AMA with strategic partners Bain & Company, The Wharton School and the Institute for the Study of Business Markets hosted Mplanet 2009 an industry-leading event for the world’s most influential marketing leaders and academics to share new ideas, innovations and proven strategies in today’s challenging marketing environment. The event explored the techno-driven, borderless world, which created new challenges for marketers. Featured speakers included: Anne Mulchay, Chairman and CEO, Xerox Corporation; R.K. Krishna Kumar, Chairman, Tata Coffee Ltd. Vice Chairman, Tata Tea and Indian Hotels, Tata Sons Ltd.; Mary Dillion, EVP and Global CMO, McDonald’s and John Hayes, CMO, American Express.
Marketing News expands the publication editorial to feature special sections and articles on U.S. and international marketing, digital marketing, Back-to-School issue and also Marketing News presented the first podcast series.
- AMA and AMA Foundation launch the Nonprofit Marketer of the Year award
- AMA relaunches marketingpower.com, creating a more robust content and resource tool for marketers
- Marketing News undergoes a redesign - receiving a modern look and feel as well as a new content structure
- AMA announces Journal of Marketing and Journal of Marketing Research will increase from 4 to 6 issues in 2008
- AMA announces Mplanet™ event to be held January 26-29, 2009 at the Rosen Shingle Creek Hotel in Orlando, Florida
2000 - 2006 Milestones
1990 - 1999 Milestones
1970 - 1989 Milestones
1940 - 1969 Milestones
1915 - 1939 Milestones
Connect with us