GENERAL RULES FOR SUBMISSION OF ABSTRACTS OR PROPOSALS
1. Due Date: Paper proposals are due April 9, 2010 at 6pm EST. Late proposals will NOT be considered.
2. Proposal Submission: All proposers must complete the online paper proposal - Click Here for Form
3. Paper Descriptions: There are two options for submitting your paper description:
a. Written – The online paper proposal form requests a paper description of 300-400 words.
b. Video – In lieu of the written paper description, you may submit a short video of yourself describing your proposed topic. The video should be approximately 2 minutes in length maximum. It should be in a Web-friendly format such as .mov, .mpeg, .wmf, etc. Make sure to identify your name, title, institution and proposed paper title at the beginning of the video. The video may be emailed to Lynn Reyes at email@example.com or sent to Lynn Reyes via a free file transfer site such as www.mongofiles.com if the file is very large. Note that if you plan to submit your proposal via video, you must still complete the online paper proposal form.
4. Proceedings: If your paper proposal is selected for inclusion in the Symposium, you will be contacted by the AMA Publications department about publishing your paper in the conference proceedings. By submitting a paper proposal, you are agreeing to write a paper for publication in the proceedings. The AMA will provide manuscript guidelines and a copyright to sign and return. Final papers should be no more than 15 double-spaced, typewritten pages in Microsoft Word or Word Perfect format.
5. Registration: If accepted, one presenter per session will receive a complimentary registration. Additional presenters will need to register at AMA rate. The AMA does not pay travel expenses for the presenters.
| Web tools and strategies
Interactive/online marketing Web metrics
• New channels-blogs, rss, FaceBook, etc.
Visual identity programs (logos/marks)
Creative/copy writing strategies
Competition analysis and positioning
Program demand analysis
Special event planning/event marketing
Recruitment/retention marketing strategies
• Internal communications
Image and branding research
Crisis communicationsRelationship/1-to-1 Marketing
• Enrollment strategies
• Ethics in marketing
• Student satisfaction metrics/measures
• Pricing strategies
• Media relations/buying/strategy
• Marketing to adult/non-traditional students
• Market segmentation and positioning
Submission Form w/abstract due to AMA April 9, 2010
Proposers notified of selections May 7, 2010
Manuscripts due to AMA October 1, 2010